BELvue is a project of the King Baudouin Foundation (KBF). The KBF of course complies with the legislation on privacy.
You can find out below what this means in practice.
How does BELvue collect personal data?
BELvue only collects personal data that you give us yourself or that third parties give us in the context of a service requested by them (e.g. in the context of an activity or room booking).
What personal data does BELvue process?
BELvue only collects the personal data needed to carry out a service requested by you (or by a third party).
Depending on the service that you request from BELvue, we collect different types of personal data, which we of course limit to what is strictly necessary. For the services requested from BELvue that are listed below, we need the following data to provide you with an appropriate service:
- To create an account with the web shop: surname/first name/street/house number/country/postcode/municipality/e-mail/password (the password is encrypted and only you can reset it)
- To subscribe for a workshop or activity: surname/first name/e-mail/street/house number/postcode/municipality
- If applicable and only if necessary for the organisation of the activity: age / language ability / family relationship
- To subscribe to our list and to receive information e-mails: e-mail address
When and why does BELvue process personal data?
BELvue only processes data in certain situations:
- if you have explicitly given your permission for this;
- or, if it is necessary to process the data in order to provide a service you have requested (e.g. your email address to send information about the museum's activities, or your postal address to send tickets or information brochures); or
- if we are legally obliged to process the data (e.g. your national registration number to issue a tax certificate);
How does BELvue treat personal data?
Data about persons who are minors and sensitive personal data (e.g. the name and age of a child to organise a birthday celebration) are always treated as confidential and are only passed on to the BELvue partners involved (for example the guide or leader who will be responsible for the children during the birthday celebration). Your data are only used for the service you have requested (unless the conditions described in the paragraph above are met):
- For example, if you subscribe for one or more newsletters, we will only use your details to send these to you. Every newsletter also gives you the opportunity to unsubscribe.
- We only share your personal data with people providing services or to our partners where this is necessary to provide the service in question (e.g. for the organisation of an activity or guided visit, we work with guide associations)
- We do not sell or give any personal data to third parties. Some personal data are disclosed to third parties for the purpose of providing a service, but they undertake not to use them for any purpose other than for the service, and to delete them afterwards.
How long does BELvue keep personal data?
BELvue undertakes to keep your data for no longer than is necessary for the services within the context for which we collected the data:
- For subscriptions to workshops or museum visits: only for monitoring of the activity itself (and sending an assessment form), for 2 years
- For organisation of birthday celebrations: only for monitoring of the activity itself (and sending an assessment form), for 3 months after the date of the birthday
- For organisation of activities: only for monitoring of the activity itself (and sending an assessment form or an invoice, if applicable), for 2 years
BELvue may also decide to collect some data in an aggregated form over a longer period in order to evaluate and make adjustments to its own activities (e.g. to produce statistics over a number of years). This does not involve identification of individual persons.
Does BELvue keep my personal data safe?
Your data are processed in a way that is safe. We therefore use various security technologies and measures to protect your data from unauthorised access, use, loss or disclosure. These technologies and measures are tested on a regular basis and updated if necessary.
BELvue (KBF) works with a specialised security partner to make the websites and all other servers secure.
If any incident should nevertheless arise involving your data, you will be personally informed under the circumstances stipulated by law.
The number of employees who have access to your data is very limited. These carefully selected employees are only given access to your personal data insofar as they need that information to carry out their work appropriately so that the services you have requested can be provided.
When we do share personal data with external parties (e.g. for the organisation of a visit or a specific activity), a processing agreement is concluded which always includes (adequate) technical measures to guarantee the security of your data.
What can I do about my own personal data?
If you want to update any of your contact details, you can do that yourself in your account on the web shop (webshop.belvue.be)
You have the right to be ‘forgotten’. To request this, please contact [email protected]
You can access any of your personal data that are processed by BELvue and the KBF, view the data and correct or delete any data that are incorrect or incomplete.
If you consider that your data have been handled incorrectly, you can submit a complaint to the Privacy Commission.
If you have any further questions or concerns:
E-mail: [email protected]